4.15.2014

SUCCULENTS ON THE FRONT PORCH

Over the last couple of weeks I've been participating in an online illustration class...Make Art that Sells by Lilla Rogers. I'm always looking for fun ways to improve my graphic communication skills, so am excited about this class and how I can explore additional methods to teach garden design.

The images below highlight our last project using succulents as inspiration. I imagined this being a front porch, with mismatched antiques, surrounded my containers of succulent plants.  Now I just need a glass of iced tea!



If you're interested in more articles like this one, plus would like to receive a free copy of my theme garden eBook, please sign up for email updates here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I like about that Lisa is that you're not just communicating information about plants and furniture but conveying emotion. A client would see that, and instantly imagine how that little landscape would feel, not just look. That's a big selling point for a designer - and something today's CAD- preoccupied landscape students are really missing.

Unknown said...

Catherine- You are always so insightful. It's interesting, because I never thought about it that way, but you are so right. I guess I really am using my illustrations to engage people and I need to communicate that to my own students...so they can do the same.

Mud Pie Studio said...

I love this Lisa! What software do you use for art like this? It's so fun and looks like something I'd see at the store! ; ) Good job!

Unknown said...

Thanks Mud Pie Studio! I hand draw with ink, scan it in, then use Illustrator to add color and finish the composition.