5.14.2013

DESIGN WITH ME - RESEARCH

I have finally completed step three of the theme garden process!  Again, here are all five steps as a quick review:

1. Pick a theme 
2. Brainstorm
3. Research (we'll discuss this below!)
4. Translate ideas to physical form
5. Create the plan


RESEARCH
I mentioned in my last post that it's important to make your idea list as long as possible, since that's what feeds the rest of your design.  The research step helps lengthen this idea list.  Research allows you to find out more about your topic....things you wouldn't necessarily know off the top of your head.  It makes your design so much richer.  You can put as much time into this step as you'd like...visit a library, interview an expert or simply Google your topic.  Ten minutes or ten hours, but it's important that you don't skip this step. It often leads to amazing ideas.

Below is my very simple research on heavy metal.  I apologize up front for the condensed version.  I could have written a 25 page paper on this topic, but for this purpose a broad, bulleted overview will do.  
I'd like  to thank www.hardradio.com and, of course, www.wikipedia.com for this information.  Visit both sites if you'd like to learn more.

Now that we have our brainstorming and research lists complete it's time to start designing!  Woo-hoo!  

I'll explain step four: translating your ideas to physical form in my next post, then I'll need your help again to bring this garden to life.

No comments: