1.10.2011

Pear + Hat

My daughter and I were brainstorming a list of objects to pair with pears...and came up with this one. A simple hat adorned with the curvy fruit.




A roadblock to creativity: While in a brainstorming meeting the other day I realized roadblocks are often the best fuel for creativity. Most of our group had agreed on one idea, but two people kept questioning it. Rather than get mad at them for haulting the process, we continued to find a "better" idea that would satisfy everyone. The final result was fabulous...and way better than the first. The next time someone questions or doesn't like your idea, take that on as a challenge to make it even better.

4 comments:

Leila said...

I am loving this month's theme. I just have to suggest a pear with a quilt AND and chicken.

Unknown said...

Leila - I love both of those!!

Joe Ellis said...

Why not a quilt with pear and other fruits on it??

Kristen's Paintings said...

That's a great mind-set to have when you enter into a group project. Sounds much more enjoyable than merely trying to see whose idea wins out.